credit to Lid Lily
– She didn’t want to write her first book , Jack Gordon made her do it.
– Jack Gordon controlled her for a decade.
– 2003 interview with Larry King made her want to help other women in the same situation.
– 2007/2008 she decides to write the book she wants to tell her family first so that they don’t get the wrong idea. Before she can Michael calls Katherine and says to her that Randy told her that Latoya was writing a book and Katherine says to Michael not to believe Randy.
Chapter 1: He’s Going to Kill You
– 1993 incident of Gordon beating her.
– She says Michael knew Gordon was dangerous through Dileo and few years ago warned her that he’s going to kill her.
– She says Michael was frightened of Gordon.
Chapter 2: I Wish I Could Have Your Life
– Talks about how no one from outside knew or saw the abuse she received
– Talks about meeting Jack Gordon
– She talks about her JW raising made her trusting people
– Insert Michael going door to door as JW
– Talks about how Gordon started to work for Joe, how she wanted to be independent and leave Joe’s management and how Gordon became her manager.
Chapter 3: Illusions of Freedom
– She calls Joe a good starter manager.
– 1987 trip to Japan was Gordon her manager.
– Gordon takes her passport and controls her.
– Insert Michael she says that she believed Michael went through the same things as her and became a victim as wolves targeted and exploited him. Again effects of religious beliefs mentioned.
Chapter 4: A Smile for the Public
– Talks about mind games that Gordon was playing with her such as beating her ant hen saying that he didn’t beat her.
– Believes that Gordon gave her mind-altering drugs
– Blames her live performances on Gordon because he didn’t let her practice on them as he was afraid that she would talk yo other people and tell them what was happening.
Chapter 5: A Brave Voice Silenced
– Talks about how she tried to tell other people what happened
– She told Gordon beating her to Amir Bayyan from Kool and the Gang, he came to her hotel room with some guys to take her, she didn’t go.
– She told to a TV personality who didn’t believe her and told to Gordon what she said
– Tito confronted Gordon.
Chapter 6: The Man Behind the Monster
– Gordon’s background was in brothels , born in one and owned several of them later on
– Talks about his business deals and her beliefs that he had ties to mobs (later says there was no evidence of such)
– FBI interviews her some time later about this mob ties and tell her that they had been smuggling diamonds and drugs using her to bypass airport security
Chapter 7: Torn from the Nest
– Talks about how Gordon distances her from her family
– Mentions Katherine’s suspicions
– Gordon badmouths Katherine calling her “not saint”, bad mouths Michael calling him “nothing”.
– Latoya talks about Michael “closest thing to God”, “unique”, “had incredible gift”, “perfect instincts” had “sensitivity and compassion”.
– Insert story of buying Neverland
– 1987 Michael is able to get a call through her although Gordon limited their communication for her to come and be in TWYMMF video. Says she was supposed to be the lead girl in video but Katherine said it was inappropriate for her to be Michael’s love interest again. Oh and apparently she was to be the lead girl in Thriller video and again it was vetoed by Katherine.
– Compares Dileo to Gordon and their controlling style of management. reportedly Dileo said “ All I have to do is wind Michael up, point him in the direction I want him to go and he does it”.
– 1988 Donald Trump wants to do shows with Michael in Atlantic city, asks for Gordon and Latoya to broker the deal. Gordon forced her to get Michael to commit, Michael would say he’d do it but phone line goes dead. Dileo calls and says he’s not doing the shows. Dileo poisoned Michael against Gordon.
– Mentions Michael was also being isolated from family, says that Bill Bray was keeping people away and says she doesn’t believe it was Michael’s wish , she says Dileo was doing it.
-1992 Hannover, she goes to meet with Michael and Katherine. Gordon goes to convince Michael of Atlantic city deal. “Even though my brother weighted almost nothing, he danced with such energy”
– She can’t bring herself telling Michael about abuse.
– Gordon makes her ask Michael about Atlantic city shows , Michael gives a vague answer about competing egos. Few weeks later Michael calls her and says Frank says that Gordon is tied to gangsters and even if one doesn’t get paid they would kill him. ( odd: a few pages before she mentions Dileo’s 89 firing , she doesn’t know the reason but says that Michael said her he didn’t trust Dileo the least bit )
– Then comes the phone call she mentioned in the beginning of the book that Michael said her to get away from Gordon or Gordon would kill her.
– Gordon convinces her that Katherine was trying to kill her.
Chapter 8: Against My Will
– Playboy photos hot
– Michael saw pictures while he was at Playboy mansion calls and says that they are great and Diana Ross also liked them
– Katherine and Jermaine was unhappy. Katherine said she wasn’t her daughter anymore. Marlon and Jackie had middle of the road opinions.
– With the increased publicity Gordon arranges for her first book deal.
Chapter 9: In Name Only
– Gordon forcing her to marry him, she says the marriage was in name only as long as it lasted
Chapter 10: I Own You
– He told her when they got married she can get an annulment in 6 months. This chapter talks about she’s asking for annulment and Gordon rejecting saying that he owns her.
– After the beating paparazzi gets the shot of her with bruised eyes.
– 1990 when Michael was in hospital with chest pains Gordon sent him black roses with Latoya’s name.
Chapter 11: A Family Further Divided
– 1991 Her book gets published and she’s performing in Paris. Gordon is having relationship with prostitutes.
– Jermaine and Farrakhan’s son visits Latoya she doesn’t tell them anything.
– Gordon breaks the deal with Moulin Rouge, declares her bankrupt so that they don’t have to pay back to the cabaret.
– Gordon keeps the news of her grandmother dying.
Chapter 12: The Puppet Master at Work
– 1993 Gordon allows Latoya to watch TV to see the criminal investigation against Michael.
– Gordon says “They are taking him down now. I knew they would. I just didn’t know when”. Later on phone he says “You guys did it”.
– Latoya asks to go on TV to protect Michael, Gordon says that he’ll arrange it. They arrive in Israel, media waiting for her. Gordon gives he a piece of paper and says “read it”.
– She says if she didn’t read it she believed that Gordon’s mob friends would kill Michael.
– She also mentions how Joe though them to do whatever they did with enthusiasm and energy and she didn’t show any emotion because she was afraid that Gordon would hurt her.
– Gordon says to media there had been 2 kidnapping attempts on Latoya financed by Michael. She says Gordon tried to extort money from Michael & his handlers saying that he would say such thing if they didn’t pay him.
– According to Latoya 1993 Bert Fields – Michael’s lead attorney- brings Weitzman who brings in Dileo and Branca to work on the case and Gordon was secretly meeting them. Latoya says it was Branca’s idea to settle in 1993. Latoya blames this to Branca’s firm also representing Sony and that Sony was desperate to get their hands on Michael’s catalog.
– She learns Michael’s admittance of drug dependency and checking into rehab later. She says that Michael saw her press-conference with Elizabeth Taylor when he was in rehab.
Chapter 13: Living in Hell
– She says that she didn’t know her family’s attempts to reach to her and save her.
– She says Gordon damaged her reputation.
– Talks about Psychic Friends Network and Playboy video
– She starts to disobey Gordon. She does an interview without him knowing and keeps the money. She went to shopping without telling Gordon. She starts copying contact information from Gordon’s Rolodex.
Chapter 14: The Beginning of the End
– 1996 Latoya is thinking about leaving Gordon. Tells about how she got a Bible, tells about how she saved the money but lost it. Gordon solicited Mike Tyson to have sex with her etc.
– She says at this time Gordon wanted her to do strip shows at a club he would call “The Jackson’s Strip Club” in Florida. She refuses.
– Gordon tells her that she will do pornography (sex with 4 men for $15M), that’s the straw.
– He says if she’s not doing it he’ll get Brandi – Jackie’s daughter. Latoya says he was trying to go after her before, trying to bring her to Paris to be a model
– She asks for her passport and gets it after a fight. ( Note: I can’t understand this request, she was in New York at the time)
Chapter 15: Risking It All
– She’s trying to find the right time to escape
– May 3 1996 when Gordon is taking a shower she calls Randy. Randy gets Katherine and Joe in a conference call. Joe tells Randy to go to New york and bring Latoya home.
– Randy comes (with their cousin Tony) and Latoya leaves with only her bible, passport and DAT tape that had all of the music for her live show
Chapter 16: Free at Last, Free at Last
– NY to LA plane gets rerouted to Las Vegas. She talks about plane landing and making it out the airport.
– Insert memories of Jackson variety show
– Her house in Las Vegas later turns out to be in Gordon’s name.
Chapter 17: Baby Steps
– Katherine tells her to come to Hayvenhurst but Latoya can’t because she still believes that what Gordon told her that Katherine wants to kill her.
– Randy says they would take her to a doctor to file a report of abuse, get a restraining order and file for divorce.
– Gordon controlled all her money and assets etc. She only had $27,000
– Gordon calls her says that he loves her, he’s sorry, he won’t hit her again, asks her to come back and says he will give her all her money and accounts.
– She couldn’t find a lawyer to take her divorce case because of Gordon’s connections. Jermaine recommends her a “great attorney” he knows: Brian Oxman.
– After the divorce case starts she starts getting threatening calls from Gordon.
Chapter 18: Starting Over
– Her experiences makes her understand manipulation and abuse in Michael’ life.
– She had no contact with people from outside world (except for the food delivery people) and only Gordon called her.
– Talks about how she had to do everything herself and adds their life in Gary and the changes in their life once Jackson 5 become famous.
– She left her condo a year and half later she left Gordon to attend a family get together after Jackie’s wife died.
– She says she kept her distance from her family because she wanted to protect them from Gordon and she wanted to stand on her own.
– Insert positive opinions about Joe, his strength, skills and work ethic he taught them. she changed her opinion about Joe, says Michael changed his opinion later on too. Michael said he wished he had more of Joseph’s strength in him.
– She says Joseph spanked them but it was the norm at the time they grew up.
– She believes if Michael was co-managed by Joseph he would still be alive.
Chapter 19: A Family Reunion and a Face-Off in Court
– Jackson family comes to support Latoya in her divorce case against Gordon. It was the first time she was seeing her family in years. Michael was doing History tour wasn’t there and she hadn’t yet seen him.
– Says that Gordon picked a judge he wanted , made her family leave the courtroom.
– Gordon lies about her saying that she was a sleaze (as she did Playboy), said she hid money, made her take drug and psychological tests.
– She gets divorced in 1998 by only getting the Las Vegas condo, Gordon gets everything else, and doesn’t pay her the $350,000 he’s ordered to pay.
Chapter 20: Rebuilding a Life
– Gordon leaves her with debt, unpaid taxes etc.
– Finds out that Gordon still arranger performances in her name and took the advances so she faced with lawsuits and more debts.
– This also caused her not to be able to book any more appearances.
– Talks about Oxman telling her to stay in bankruptcy and how she wasn’t able to buy a house or a car.
Chapter 21: Learning to Trust Again
– Talks about how she no longer wanted to be in the music business but wanted to be like a manager etc. says she no longer wanted to work in America, her goal was to work in Paris and London.
– Gets another bad legal advice and her bankruptcy is extended another 7 years , so she wasn’t able to get her royalties longer. She says she got back her royalties in April 2011.
– She meets Jeffre Phillips who is a friend of Jermaine. They form Ja-Tail (Just another timely adventure in life) Films in 1999.
– Jeffre worked with Michael when he did the marketing for Sony in 80s.
Chapter 22: Free the World
– 2001 World Trade Center attack
– She says Michael was supposed to attend a meeting at 9:00AM at the top of World Trade Center on September 11 but he didn’t go because he was so tired. If he went he would have died in the attack.
– The family leaves with tour busses.
– Latoya writes a song “free the world”, she records it, the reactions were positive.
– That’s what made her return too music and start recording Starting Over.
– 2002 they try to get a record deal but hear stuff like “she has no talent”, “she can’t sing and dance” etc. They couldn’t get a deal. They go to radios to play a song so that it would become popular and that they would get a record deal, radios refuse to play the songs.
– She says she had to put aside the album with the events about Michael surfaced.
Chapter 23: A Dirty Business
– She reconnected with Michael in 2002. (Note: That’s quite some time, the latest conversation she mentioned with Michael was in 1992 – unless she omitted stuff).
– She lists through what happened in regards to Michael between the time she left Gordon (1996) and when they reconnected (2002).
– She talked about Michael with Katherine. She met Paris in 1998 (but not Michael).
– Talks about Michael’s parenting. kids only watched educational TV programming, they weren’t allowed to watch news accounts about Michael. Michael never told her why he limited their access to outside world. She assumes it was to give them normal life and made them know him as only their father and not superstar.
– She says she was worried if such secluded upbringing made them vulnerable.
– Michael also limited the music the kids listened. At that time Paris was only allowed to listen to “Butterflies”.
– Latoya again says she had no direct contact with Michael at this time.
– Mentions Michael’s troubles with Sony and catalog. Says Michael fired Branca in 1990 after Geffen told him Branca had to much control.
– 1995 Branca urges Michael to merge ATV with Sony. She says this partnership became problematic as Michael was an artist first and businessman second and he wasn’t motivated for a quest for profit.
– Talks about Michael’s masters and how they would not revert to Michael till 2009 and she says she doesn’t know if Michael got them or Sony kept them. (Note: Estate got them back).
– Says Michael had no concept of money.
– Talks about Sony, Invincible, promotion issues. Says Sony purposely sabotaged the album so that it wouldn’t sell so that he would be forced to sell his half of catalog.
– She watches Michael’s press conference on TV about Sony and says that he wore a bulletproof vest at that conference. (Note: they haven’t reconnected yet).
Chapter 24: Family Reunion
– 2002 Latoya is called to a family meeting, Michael was using prescription painkillers and family believed it was getting out of control.
– She says Michael wouldn’t taken prescription drugs on his own and he was given it by a doctor after he fell off the stage and injured himself when touring with Jacksons. He forms a dependency but gets cleaned in 1993 by going to rehab.
– She says chronic injuries from lifetime performing and stress again turned him to painkillers and he again had dependency issues by 2002.
– Family decided to confront Michael and do an intervention. She says she hadn’t seen Michael for a decade and this intervention would be the first time she would see him.
– Family goes to Neverland, security doesn’t let them in, they jump the gate. Tito enters into the house through an open window and opens the doors for the rest.
– Michael sees them and acts like he didn’t know that they were at the house. Latoya says she doesn’t know if it was a simple miscommunication or someone wanted to keep them out.
– Michael send Prince and Paris with the nanny and then goes into Blanket’s room (who was 3 months at the time) to attend to him. They have a meeting in Blanket’s room.
– Michael refuses to see the doctors ( a physician and psychiatrist) and says there was nothing wrong with him. Latoya says he was fine, alert and relaxed, looked good physically and happy with his kids. After several hours he convinces them that he was good. Family plans to take turns staying with Michael at Neverland for next few weeks but they weren’t able to follow their plan. She says it took Michael several years before he got the help he needed.
– In this meeting Michael also talks about the people in business. He reportedly says “ Certain people in this business are no good. They take things from you, they rob you. don’t ever trust them”. “LaToya you can’t trust them, they are no good, they don’t really care about us” “ They just want to get everything they can out of you and milk you and use you and toss you away at the ened of the day”.
– Next time she saws Michael is news report about Berlin Balcony incident.
– Talks about how fans called “Let’s see the new one” and Michael wanted to please them and he had a good grip.
Chapter 25: The Quiet Before the Storm
– 2003 Latoya does Larry King Live show.
– She receives quite an attention due to the show. She forms Ja-Tail Records and signs a distribution deal.
– 2003 Family day with Hawaiian theme and everyone dressed accordingly (except Michael and his kids). This is the first time since intervention in Neverland she saw Michael.
– April 2003 she runs into Michael shopping at Beverly Hills, she goes in to talk to Michael. They leave all together with Michael’s children wearing Spiderman masks. She says the children understood the need for the masks and loved them, it was like playing dress-up everyday.
– Michael says he can’t go and have dinner with them as he was going to studio, drops them by their car, Layoya gives Paris a pink rabbit as a present.
– June 2003 she would be presenting an award at BET awards. Producers ask her help to get Michael to give an award to James Brown. Then they get him on their own as apparently Michael didn’t know Latoya was a presenter until she went into his dressing room.
– Backstage Michael getting ready. Michael called perfume “smell”, they were together for 30 minutes, they took a picture together. Michael goes on stage. They spend another 30 minutes in the dressing room with James Brown, his wife etc.
– Michael takes Latoya into a closet and tells her that he misses her, he loves her and that he’s glad that he got to see her.
Chapter 26: The Conspiracy is Revealed
– 2003 Joseph calls her to say that Neverland is being raided.
– No one in the family knew where Michael was. They later find out he was in Las Vegas and they went to his hotel.
– They find Michael all dressed up for video shot but visibly upset in a wrecked suite. Paris tells Katherine that Michael broke the lamp, threw the food and turned over the statue. Apparently when Michael got the call from Neverland security about the raid, he got very angry.
– Michael says to Latoya “I didn’t do anything. I promise you. I’m being framed. All of this is a setup. you gotta believe me”.
– Michael also mentions that he is even afraid to walk around his own yard because he was afraid that he would be killed. He says he knows who’s behind the framing of him. Latoya asks who, Michel says “ they want my catalog, they want my publishing, they’ll do whatever it takes to get it. they are going to kill me. I hate my life. I don’t even want the catalog anymore”
Chapter 27: Facing Down Allegations as a Family
– Little funny story about how Paris will wave to paparazzi to be friendly.
– Mirage asks Michael leave the hotel due to press disturbing other guests at the hotel.
– Michael has reservations about surrendering to the police.
– She released her single Just Wanna Dance under her nickname Toy tops the charts at 19.
– Michael’s trial starts and she again thinks its not appropriate time to release the album.
Chapter 28: The Final Days of Neverland
– Michael mentions Latoya “when this trial is over. I’m never ever coming back to Neverland again. they invaded my privacy. They ruined my entire life. I hate this place. I can’t stand it. I never want to see it again. Never. I’ll never come back here”.
– Says Michael was adamant when he made a decision.
– Describes Neverland, animals, trains. movie theater, children coming to visit. Dreamworks stealing Neverland logo.
– Says after the raid Michael stayed at one of the bungalows. Family stayed with him at Neverland during prelim and trial.
– Mentions “field trips” of Michael’s kids around the property to the “beach” (a pool of water with white sand around it) and to library.
Chapter 29: The Trial of a Lifetime
– 2004 start of preliminary this is the first time Latoya had the chance to sit down and talk with Michael one on one for the first time in more than a decade.
– Michael says she doesn’t have to say anything, he knows her heart and that he knew Gordon made her do those things. She says Michael had forgiven her long ago and didn’t want to discuss it further.
– She says that she later realized that Michael also had manipulators and understood what she went through very well and that made him forgive her so easily.
– Says that Michael hid his fears from his children keeping upbeat and smiling around them.
– Jumping on the roof of SUV to please fans , being misunderstood.
– August 2004 family get together for Michael’s birthday. First time Latoya saw Michael since pretrial in January. Michael calls Joe to sit next to him, Latoya says Joe was a special force of power for Michael and Michael felt Joe protected him.
– Again Latoya holds her album.
– January 2005 trial starts. Family returns to Neverland. She says dressing all white was her idea.
– Mentions Michael had made peace with Joe.
– Says Michael was in despair, he didn’t want to eat or take care of himself. They pleaded with him to at least take vitamins. She says most of the time Michael stayed in his bungalow alone.
– Prince of Bahrain during trial says to Michael he can always stay there to rest and get away from everything.
– Gordon dies from cancer on 2005.
– Verdict day. Michael nervous, says that he’s leaving US and never coming back.
– says Michael have been wearing bulletproof vest since 2001 (when we went head to head with Sony / Mottola). Before trial Michael reportedly said “If I get off, I’m going to be assassinated”.
– says that Michael was a zombie after he heard the verdict, drained, distant. She says that the experience marked him and he believe that he would be assassinated that day.
– She says that the trial had made grave damage to him, a crack formed in his spirit, she says he lost his will to fight, and he was like he was lost.
– Michael leaves US as soon as he gets his passport back from court and lives like a vagabond for 1.5 years.
– Mention of Fox news, again Michael’s catalog.
– Latoya says that during the time Michael was gone, he distanced himself from everyone in the family and no one spoke to him.
– says Michael didn’t want to perform anymore, afraid that he would be assassinated on stage and wanted to produce and direct movies with Peter Jackson.
Chapter 30: A New Lease on Life
– Latoya says that whenever she saw footage of Michael on TV after the trial she tried to examine it to understand his health, mental stage, emotional well-being etc.
– She also says that she started to investigate the conspiracy Michael told her in Mirage (the day Neverland raided).
– She throws herself back to her career. reworking on her album, Armed and Famous show (most of the chapter is about that), Celebrity Big Brother
– She says that the skills she learned at that show as she looked for clues as to who killed Michael.
Chapter 31: The Final Days
Mid 2006. Michael fires most of his staff including at Neverland and closes down the main house.
– Grace was acting his manager and this worried Latoya as the wrong person can have the power to destroy him in such vulnerable state.
– December 2006 James Brown dies, Michael comes to US.
– Latoya wasn’t united with Michael but heard about him through Katherine.
– Jermaine introduced Michael to Tohme who later revealed to have a troubled past.
– says Tohme was like Gordon , isolated and controlled Michael. Says Tohme kept family away from Michael.
– enter Leonard Rowe. January 2009 a concert promoter offers $15M for one show (Allgood concert) flies to LA to talk to Michael.
– Latoya repeats Leonard Rowe’s book Tohme doesn’t meet with him for a while. Tohme says Michael cannot do it because he was doing negotiations for a $300M deal (AEG TII deal).
– says AEG was paying Tohme $100,000 monthly salary and he was therefore biased.
– claims Phillips got Michael to rehire Dileo.
– in a moment of clarity in March 2009, Michael asks Leonard Rowe to take over as his business manager.
– Reportedly Michael said he didn’t know what he signed because their attorney drew up the contract, he agreed to 10 shows and not 50 shows.
– April 2009 , Michael meets with Leonard Rowe who brought Joe with him. Latoya says that Joe hadn’t seen Michael for 3 years. Payment in dollars versus pounds and scalping of tickets is discussed.
– April 2009 Julien’s Auctions of Michael’s items. Michael didn’t know it, Katherine told him about it. Michael says everything was being put in storage, Tohme says it was storage agreement.
– Mentions the Michael’s confiding in June Gatlin (she heard it at Today show)
– Mid May meeting with Phillips. Katherine, Joe, Leonard Rowe and Michael present. Joe and Leonard stood up to Randy Phillips. Joe gets up starts shouting I will not let you steal from my son. Michael began laughing. She says it was because Michael was happy his father was there to protect him from vultures.
– She says Leonard told her that Michael was at times animated at the meeting but also seemed like he didn’t care about details, he wasn’t acting perfectionist and Leonard felt like Michael knew for one reason or another he would never perform those concerts.
– Leonard pushed out, replaced by Dileo.
– Leonard couldn’t intervene about Michael’s health and and in regards to his painkiller dependency.
– Latoya heard all these through Joe.
– Latoya spent time with Michael for the first time in May 14, 2009 since his 2005 trial. that’s also the last time she sees him.
– Latoya says he was excruciatingly thing.
– She asks over and over if he was fine, Michael says he was fine and the rehearsals were going good.
Chapter 32: The Worst Day of My Life
– Joe calls her, tells her to get to Michael’s house saying that a fan told him he was sick.
– She calls Jeffre , he says that Michael is doing it to get out of the shows. “Michael is known to have fake illness and injury.. “
– Joe calls again and says there’s an ambulance, tells her to go to hospital instead.
– Latoya calls Trent , Katherine’s assistant, they are on their way to the hospital. Katherine tells her Michael is dead.
– She arrives hospital, a nurse tells her Michael isn’t dead.
– She goes to the room where Katherine is with Prince, Paris and Blanket on her lap. The kids are screaming and crying. Dileo is in the room. Trent tells her Michael is gone and Katherine again tells her that Michael is dead.
Chapter 33: Trying to Make Sense of the Tragedy
– She says she immediately thought “who killed Michael?” and not “how did he die?”. in the last 3 chapters Latoya constantly goes back to 2003 when Michael said he would be murdered for his catalog.
– Children want to go see Michael.
– Paris screams Murray is the best multiple times and says she doesn’t know what happened. She says she wants to die and be with her daddy.
– Paris says Michael was always cold, freezing. He would sit by the fireplace and fall asleep there. Paris says Michael always cried and they (the kids) watched to make sure everything was fine. Paris says Michael was freezing and needed a doctor and then turned the lights and they were in the dark. Latoya asks they turned the lights out? Paris says yes and they cut the phones off.
– Paris says Michael told her to be strong and said to her she would have to take care of Prince and Blanket if something happens to him. He told her that she would have to be the mother.
– Latoya asks when Michael said this. Paris says last night before Michael went to rehearsal She was arguing with Prince and Michael said her to stop fighting with her brother and “I’m not always going to be here and you are going to have to be the lady and watch over them”.
– The children wants to see Michael, 2 nurses take them to the room Michael was says it would be therapeutic for them.
– She says Michael was skinny (skin and bones) but looked peaceful as if he was sleeping.
– Kids talked to their dad, left the room calm. Saying good-bye helped them.
– Latoya goes to find Dr. Murray. She couldn’t learn anything from him. He gave her excuses.
– Kathy Hilton comes to the hospital with her sister. Latoya takes them to see Michael. Kathy Hilton tells her to collect everything she see that Michael written down.
Chapter 34: The Investigation Intensifies
– Michael Amir calls Latoya to say that Tohme fired all security and asks her to come to the house. Michael Amir vowed to not leave the house until someone from the family came.
– Police had been in the house all day. Jacksons wasn’t allowed inside the house until detectives said it was okay.
– 11:30 Latoya, Jeffre, Randy and Ron Boyd (family friend police officer) arrive to Carolwood.
– 12:00 Katherine and Trent came. Later Janet came.
– Michael Amir lets them in.
– Latoya says the house was hot, asks Michael Amir he says Michael kept the heat on because he was freezing. Latoya brain thinking: is it because Michael was freezing or is it to give a different time of death?
– Michael Amir tells them what happened. Leads them into Murray’s room (the room Michael died in). Michael Amir says he didn’t saw anything suspicious last night.
– Latoya searches the room with her eyes as she’s trained as a police officer. Outside the door what looked like Michael’s last meal on top of a dresser (soup and crumbs from a sandwich), pajama top on the floor(paramedics cut it off when trying to save Michael, IV stand on the foot of bed, 3 oxygen tanks in the corner.
– She asks if there was cameras in the room. There wasn’t. Remembers back to 2003 Mirage and Michael saying he would be killed for his catalog.
– Michael Amir then shows them Michael’s actual bedroom. Room was a wreck, torn to pieces, clothes on the floor, dressers turned over etc. Latoya asks if it was always like this. Michael Amir says he doesn’t know because Michael didn’t allow anyone in that room. Latoya brain thinking : this is too messy to be police doing, who did this what they were looking for? suspects people were in there for cash and jewelry Michael kept.
– Remembers what Kathy Hilton said. Says that Michael was a compulsive note taker. so she finds post it notes in Michael’s actual bedroom.
– Notes said
–- I hate John Branca
–- John Branca stole lots of money from me and continuously double & triple billed me
–- I hate Tohme Tohme
–- Randy Phillips & Dr. Tohme are not flying with me. No! No! No! Ever !
–- Call Joseph
–- Get Joseph’s help to get these people out of my life.
–- I don’t want Frank Dileo back in my life.
–- I only agreed to 10 shows
–- Tell Tohme Tohme to give me back my cars
–- AEG is pressuring me to go see Dr.David H. Slavit for a physical.
– Latoya says they reviewed hundreds of notes and learned about whom Micheal feared. Later she says they got a letter from Estate asking them to return anything they might have taken from the house.
– She says they weren’t even able to organize Michael’s possessions and set aside any keepsakes for the children and doesn’t know where those items are now.
Chapter 35: A Family Loss.
– family disagreements about memorial. Ideas about doing it at Washington monument and Los Angeles Coliseum.
– AEG offers Staples center + Nokia theater.
– Latoya says AEG made money off memorial by charging media for box seats, news trucks parking, concession stands and licensing of the broadcasting of the memorial.
– Latoya wanted Michael to be brought by a procession of gilded horse drawn carriages, fanfare of horns, carried between rows of uniformed guards and an announcer saying “please rise for the king”. She wanted an open casket.
– Katherine vetoed anything showy and wanted a closed casket and relatively simple service.
– Private viewing before the memorial. Paris attends with Latoya, Randy and Rebbie. Puts the necklace on his wrist, places 2 colored stones on his chest.
– mentions Paris speech at memorial and how it humanized Michael.
– most of the brothers wanted to bury Michael at Neverland. Latoya fights against it. Finally they settle on Forest Lawn. She says mausoleum was selected due to it’s beauty and security (to protect Michael’s body).
Chapter 36: Inside the Conspiracy
– says AEG offered the brothers to take over Michael’s dates at O2. Latoya says that she though this was a cover up and didn’t want them to focus on Michael’s death.
– finds it odd that AEG didn’t express concern over Michael’s death and seemed like they stood to make more money with Michael dead then alive.
– Latoya says 100 hours wasn’t all Michael. AEG only recorded last 3 rehearsals.
– questions why they worked with Sony rather than their own Regal Entertainment group. she says why bring Sony in unless a larger deal was in the offing perhaps involving Michael’s catalog. (Hello! This is it soundtrack and release of TII as DVD and Blu-ray).
– Jeffree who did the show and people who worked with Michael said to her that Michael never did complete run-through of any song. So she says Michael wasn’t well and could not have done those shows and AEG should have known that Michael wasn’t well.
– complains that Michael didn’t receive producer credit but the people he hated and fired before did.
– asks who called the tour “this is it?”, calls it a sick joke.
– says many people didn’t offer condolences to the family
– lists the projects and the money earned and says that Estate should have paid the debt quickly.
– some Jackson family members didn’t want to launch an investigation into Michael’s death. Latoya says she can’t let it go.
– Latoya says that she believes Michael would have wanted his mother to be the executor.
– says in July Branca and Joel Katz came with Michael’s will and they knew nothing about the will before.
– Latoya says they wanted a family member be on the board of Michael’s Estate. Executors didn’t agree with this.
Chapter 37: A Legend is Laid to Rest
– Latoya says she saw Michael’s body 9-10 times between memorial and funeral, talking to him, checking to see if his body was still there (she was worried that his body could be stolen)
– mentions Coroner’s office wanting to see Michael’s body again. They get hair samples and get palm print.
– talks about private memorial and burial.
– says that they got the stacked tombs on the side of the walls that the family members will eventually repose.
Chapter 38: Eyewitness Accounts of a Cover-up
– Leonard Rowe reached out to Latoya. Insert Leonard Rowe’s claims on his book here.
– Joe told her that he tried to see Michael at the last weeks but security didn’t let him in the house.
– She learned that Michael said Prince and Paris to call Granpa and he’ll know what to do and help him.
– She learned about Michael’s last night from the follower fans (TINI group), they say Michael didn’t do his usual talk with them when he left the house for rehearsals.
– mentions a meeting in Michael’s dressing room. Speculates to the maximum (I don’t know what’s said in that room but I believe..) saying them either the people realized he wouldn’t be able to do the shows or Michael told them he wouldn’t be doing the shows. Latoya says that she knows that Michael was threatening them not to show up for rehearsal and not do any shows until they cancel the 40 shows he didn’t agree to perform.
– After the meeting he goes on the stage to do 2 songs. (Note: why would he do that if he wasn’t going to do the shows?)
– Karen Faye’s talk with Dileo. Michael Bush saying Michael lost 15 pounds, a choreographer thought that he was too skinny. Latoya says Michael weighted 112 pounds and it’s incorrectly reported that he was 136 pounds.
– When he’s leaving the rehearsal Michael tells the fans “help me get out of here”.
– Again TINI people referenced with increased security “10 men lined up on both sides of gate”
– A fan walks up to her and says that the light in Michael’s room never went off that night (usually it was off in 20 minutes)
– talks about hearing Randy Phillips was at the house when Michael arrived, finds it odd that he was going to Michael’s house in the morning
– questions TII movie and how fast it was done , like it was already planned
– why Prince was called to help when there was adult staff in the house
– she concludes that she believes that Murray is the “fall guy for a much larger plot”
Chapter 39: Starting Over Again
– Jeffre tells her that she needs to get on with her life. She starts making appearances.
– Says Katherine is strained and quickly fading away.
– says Estate hasn’t asked the kids if they wanted any keep-sakes from their father. and claims Estate have been auctioning of Michael’s stuff such as his furniture, memorabilia and his handwritten notes. she says she has been buying some items.
– Latoya says that Michael’s death divided the family and they do not support her in her fight. She hopes to repair relationships between them down the road.